3.30.2010

STOLEN 1972 BMW 2002 tii

(click for a larger view)



My car, an orange 1972 BMW 2002tii, was stolen from Rosewood and Sweetzer (near Beverly and La Cienega) in West Hollywood, between 12:30AM and 10:00AM on Monday, 3/29. The car is in excellent restored condition, with great-looking paint. If you see it driving anywhere in or around Los Angeles County, please call 911 to report it; I would be more than happy to give a substantial monetary reward to anyone who does, if I do end up getting my car back.

YEAR: 1972, MAKE: BMW, MODEL: 2002tii, COLOR: ORANGE, LICENSE: 5KUA195

Distinctive features:
There is a green decal on the rear windshield that says "La Mirada."
Brass-colored honeycomb-looking wheels.
Two T-bars in the place of a front bumper, with the front license plate mounted on one.
Circular housing for the rear lights.

I'd really appreciate the help! My father and I took five years restoring the car with one another before it was passed on to me; it has much more worth to me than just its appraised value. Like I said, I'll give a reward to anyone who reports the car and helps get it returned.

Thanks!

All best,

Taylor

UPDATE:

-I am quite certain that the heist was planned, since I live in a nice neighborhood where no cars get stolen, and because no one would steal this car if they just needed a car. I am very suspicious of a Pep Boys in Los Angeles, on Hollywood Blvd. It is the only shop I've taken the car in to in all of LA, and when I was there they had broken my key and then made a copy for me to drive off with; nothing would have stopped someone from making another copy. Plus, they'd have my address on file, maybe. This all makes sense to me, as no windows were broken to get into the car, and it may have been taken during daylight hours with no problem. Someone with some car knowledge could break into it and start it easily and quietly, with or without a key.

-The other car in the first photo I put up (the only picture I had at the time) IS indeed the same car model and same color--BUT, that is the ONLY 2002 tii that I have seen after 5 years of driving my car in Southern California, and my car is still unique because of its lack of a front bumper, wheels, etc. The other orange 2002 tii is located in Encinitas, CA, so unless you're there, assume any orange tii that you spot is my car.

-Undoubtedly the people who stole the car are trying to repaint it and change the plates or something. If you see a tii with T-bars instead of a front bumper, CALL IT IN! My car will be identified by its VIN number, which is located under the hood above the left fender, in plain view



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that BS.. i really hope you get your car back.. i live in florida but ill keep my eyes open.. good luck.. the crooks will get theirs in time..

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your car. Hope you get it back.

My mom had this same car when I was growing up, bought it in Germany before anyone had even heard of BMW. Same funky 70's orange, too. (Although hers had some horrible uneven sunning.) It's a bitchin car, I really hope you get yours back.

I'm in east Hollywood, I'll keep my eyes open.